How do I sign a DocuSign document?
- Setting Up Your Account– When someone sends you a DocuSign document for your electronic signature, you first receive an email from DocuSign sent on behalf of the sender.
- Review the DocuSign email: Open the email and review the message from the sender. Click REVIEW DOCUMENT to begin the signing process.
- Agree to sign electronically: Review the consumer disclosure and select the checkbox I agree to use Electronic Records and Signatures. Click CONTINUE to begin the signing process.
- Important! To view and sign the documents, you must agree to conduct business electronically.
- You can use the OTHER ACTIONS menu at the right of the browser to select a different option for the documents, such as Finish later, Print & Sign, or Decline to Sign. The available options depend on sender settings.
- Start the signing process:
- Click the START tag on the left to begin the signing process. You are taken to the first tag requiring your action. The tag will say FILL IN or SIGN. Once the field has been completed select the tag on the left to move to the next field. Continue this process until all fields have been completed. This action could be to complete a field or to sign.
- Click the SIGN tag.
- You are asked to Adopt Your Signature.
- Verify your name: Verify that your name and initials are correct. If not, change them as needed.
- Adopt a signature
- Click ADOPT AND SIGN to adopt and save your signature information and return to the document.
- Confirm signing: When you finish clicking all signature tags in the document, confirm signing by clicking FINISH. A message appears stating that you have completed your document. You can now download a PDF copy or print a copy of the document. The sender receives an email with the signed document attached, and the signed document appears in their DocuSign account.
- Sign up for a DocuSign account and save the document in your own account.
Who do I contact with questions about this document?
DocuSign sends email notifications on behalf of its users. You can simply “reply to” the email notification to contact the sender of the document with questions. Often, only the sender of the document can assist you with inquiries regarding the following:
- The contents of the document/errors in the document
- For questions about the contents of the document or to request correction of errors in the document please contact the sender.
- Access codes/Authentication
- If you never received an access code or are having trouble with the access code, the sender can provide the correct code or resend the envelope with a new code.
- Failed authentication
- If you fail authentication three times, you must contact the sender to have them resend the envelope with a new code.
- Envelope not accessible/Envelope correction in progress
- ?If the sender is correcting the envelope, they must finalize their corrections before you can access the document. Please contact sender regarding the corrections.
- Finish button does not appear
- If the Finish button is not appearing, it is due to one or more incomplete required fields. Once a page has had all required fields met – a green check mark appears. If this does not resolve the issue, please reach out to the sender of the document to ask them to investigate. One possibility is that the document has overlapping tags, which can only be corrected by the sender.